Tuesday, December 14, 2004

A Place for My Head

I just got through talking to my cousin Aaron that lives in Wisconsin. I showed him the address to my blog. He wondered why I had a site like this. He told me that he doesn't understand why people talk about their lives on the internet and whatnot, and don't just get out there and live their lives like any normal person would. That kind of got me thinking. Why do I have this site? Why do I write the essays and such when probably no one ever really reads them?
I think that in the world that we live in today, the connections that are formed are far different than the connections that existed when say, my parents where children. I guess that nowadays its kind of hard for some people to directly expose their thoughts and ideals to a person(s). Even though I have grown up in a household where such ideas of communicating to each other our thoughts and feelings was as common a place as breathing, I still nonetheless have grown into the person of somewhat opposing mind-set. Maybe this is do to the sheer devotion I have had to my school and work over the past couple of years. Maybe it's do to the fact that I have not generated any substantial relationships since I was sixteen. I don't really know where it all comes from.
Then again, maybe all this is relative. Maybe I am just held to the constraints of my own limited creativity in the process of creating an outward voice. Maybe I truly am, just trying to find, a place for my head.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home